You can normally set up the GT10B-SU in the following steps.
-What you need
- ・Attached USB Cable
Software and Manuals
Connecting GT10 to PC
- 1.Download the Active USB-COM Port Driver and install it on your PC.
Refer to the Active USB-COM Port Driver Installation Guide for the details of installation procedure.
- 2.Connect the GT10 to the PC's USB port with the attached USB cable.
- 3.Switch the interface of the GT10 to the USB-COM by scanning "USB-COM interface" code in the GT10 User's Manual, "3.2 Setting up the USB-COM Interface."
Note that its default is USB keyboard.
Found New Hardware Wizard automatically starts by the PC.
- 4.Install the driver by following the Active USB-COM Port Driver Installation Guide.
Preparation for processing the data read by GT10
Convert the data received from the USB virtual COM port to keyboard input data for processing the data read by GT10.
- 1.Download the QR_kbif and install it on your PC.
- 2.Start the QR_kbif.
When the Com Port Setting window appears, select the USB virtual COM port number to which the GT10 is connected.
You can confirm the USB virtual COM port number on the Windows' Device Manager.
- 3.Open some application, for example, the Windows' Memo and then read any bar code with the GT10. The read data is displayed on the application program's screen.
As an alternative, you can create application programs that receive serial communications data without the QR_kbif.
-Parameter setting procedure
Setting with Bar Code Menu
Use the bar code menu to designate the basic parameters such as available bar code types. Refer to the GT10 User's Manual for the available parameters and the menu.
Setting with Scanner Setting
Use the configuration software to designate the detailed parameters such as scanner's reading mode.
Scanner Setting (for GT10B series)
Follow these steps to use the configuration software.
- 1.Install the Scanner Setting on your PC
- 2.Connect the GT10 to your PC via a USB-COM interface.
- 3.If the QR_kbif software is runnning, turn it off.
- 4.Start the Scanner Setting.
- 5.When the option setting window appears,
- select the the COM port number to which the GT10 is connected and the product name of your scanner. Click OK.
- 6.Set each of the required parameters by following the menu.
- 7.Select Update set data from the File menu.
On completion of the parameter setting, the GT10 beeps three times and the LED blue blinks three times.