You can normally set up the GT10Q-SU in the following steps.
-What you need
- ・Attached USB cable
Software and Manuals
Connecting GT10 to PC
1.Download the Active USB-COM Port Driver and install it on your PC.
- Refer to the Active USB-COM Port Driver Installation Guide for the details of installation procedure.
- 2.Connect the GT10 to the PC's USB port with the attached USB cable.
Found New Hardware Wizard automatically starts by the PC.
- 3.Install the driver by following the Active USB-COM Port Driver Installation Guide.
Preparation for processing the data read by GT10
Convert the data received from the USB virtual COM port to keyboard input data for processing the data read by GT10.
- 1.Download the QR_kbif and install it on your PC.
- 2.Start the QR_kbif.
When the Com Port Setting window appears, select the USB virtual COM port number to which the GT10 is connected.
You can confirm the USB virtual COM port number on the Windows' Device Manager.
- 3.Open some application, for example, the Windows' Memo and then read any bar code with the GT10. The read data is displayed on the application program's screen.
As an alternative, you can create application programs that receive serial communications data without the QR_kbif.
-Parameter setting procedure
Setting with QR Code Menu
Use the QR code menu to designate the basic parameters such as available bar code types. Refer to the GT10 User's Manual for the available parameters and the menu.
Setting with Scanner Setting 2D
Use the configuration software to designate the detailed parameters such as scanner's reading mode.
Scanner Setting 2D (for GT10Q series)
Follow these steps to use the configuration software.
- 1.Install the Scanner Setting 2D on your PC.
- 2.Connect the GT10 to your PC via a USB-COM interface.
- 3.If the QR_kbif software is runnning, turn it off.
- 4.Start the Scanner Setting 2D.
- 5.When the following option setting window appears,
- select the the COM port number to which the GT10 is connected and the product name of your scanner.
- Click OK.
- 6.Set each required parameter by following the menu.
- 7.Select Update set data from the File menu.
On completion of the parameter setting, the GT10 beeps three times and the LED blue blinks three times.