Download a file via the Communication Unit (CU) using a LAN cable.
The BHT and the CU can be used in the following combinations.
What You Need
- CU (connected via LAN)
- LAN cable
Software and Manual
Install Required Software
Preparing an FTP server
You need to prepare an FTP server.
Use Microsoft’s IIS (Internet Information Service) provided for Windows or install any other software used for general FTP servers.
Download a File
Establishing download environments
Preparation of BHT
- Turn on the BHT while keeping the [SF] key and the  key pressed together to get the system menu started.
Select [SET SYSTEM] -> [TCP/IP] -> [SET TCP/IP] -> [DEVICE].
Set [COM1] for [TCP/IP DEVICE] and [ETHERNET] for [LINK LAYER].
Note: The menu and the item number depend on the BHT.
- Select [SET SYSTEM]->[TCP/IP]->[SET TCP/IP]->[IP ADDRESS] from the system menu. Designate the IP address, subnet mask and default gateway of the BHT.
To activate DHCP, set “0.0.0.0” for the IP address, subnet mask and default gateway.
- Select [SET SYSTEM]->[TCP/IP]->[SET FTP]->[SERVER] from the system menu. Designate the IP address, user ID and default directory of the FTP server.
Preparation of PC
- Turn on the FTP server.
- Save the user program to be downloaded to the BHT in the FTP server’s home directory.
- Turn on the BHT while keeping the [SF] key and the  key pressed together to get the system menu started and then select [FTP] -> [DOWNLOAD]. The FTP download menu is enabled.
- Press the [ENT] key to set the BHT in the input mode.
Enter the directory and file name of the program to be downloaded to [1:DIR/FILE].
Use the numeric keys for data entry. To use alphanumeric characters, press the [SF] key and the BHT is set in the alphanumeric mode.
- Press the [ENT] key to execute download.
The following monitor is displayed on completion of the download.